In recent years we have identified an increased need for mental health support amongst the young people who turn to us for help. The below resources are designed to help our volunteers support young people with mental health issues.
The Mind website is full of information that may be helpful to both our mentors and our young people. You can browse the website yourself, or you can view some specific links that we think are particularly useful.
- Types of mental health challenges
- Supporting someone else to seek help for a mental health issue
- Supporting someone experiencing anxiety and panic attacks
- Supporting someone with bipolar
- Understanding depression
- Keeping mentally healthy when looking for work
- Increasing self-esteem
- Becoming more resilient