E-mentor, Prince's Trust Online
Providing one-to-one support to young people on Princes Trust Online
What is it?
Prince's Trust Online is a brand new digital learning platform designed to provide tailored learning and one-to-one support for young people. Prince's Trust Online is for young people who are unemployed or underemployed and are unable to access our traditional face-to-face programmes. We are currently delivering two programmes, Enteprise and Employability, to support young people to learn the skills they need for self-employment or employment. We are currently looking for e-mentors on the Enteprise programme.
The role involves:
- Providing one-to-one support and guidance to a young person who is exploring self-employment as an option
- Using video call and live chat to encourage and facilitate learning, meeting weekly on the platform
- Supporting a young person to complete e-learning modules and helping to set goals
- Providing feedback to help us to develop and improve the platform
- Willingness to uphold the values of The Trust. These are approachable, non-judgemental, inspiring, empowering and passionate
What is the impact?
As an e-mentor the support you offer to a young person entering into self-employment is vital to their success.
What is the time commitment?
Approximately two hours per week for around three months