Next Steps Mentor
Providing support on the Enterprise course to help a young person explore and plan their next step into self-employment, employment, education or training.
What is it?
As a Next Steps Mentor, you will support a young person following the Explore Enterprise course to help them plan their next steps.
The role involves:
- Meeting with a young person one-to-one to support them in identifying goals and targets to work towards
- Helping a young person decide which path of employment (self-employment, employment, education or training) to follow
- Empowering them to make their own decisions about their development
- Signposting them to other organisations for support
What is the impact?
The Next Steps stage of the Enterprise programme is a crucial part where the young person considers their options and aspirations. Having an impartial sounding-board to listen to their views and ideas is critical to empowering them to make their own decisions.
What is the time commitment?
Ideally a commitment of three to six hours per month for a minimum of one year.
Susie Burdekin, Next Steps Mentor
Opportunities available in:
- Northern Ireland
- Scotland: Glasgow, Dundee and North Lanarkshire
- South West: Exeter, Yeovil, Plymouth, Torbay, Devon and Cornwall