Providing one-to-one support for up to a year to a young person looking to move into employment, education or training.
What is it?
As a Mentor, you’ll make a real difference to the lives of young people finishing a Prince’s Trust programme.
The role involves:
- Having regular meetings with a young person
- Providing a young person with support to move towards employment, education or training
- Supporting a young person to identify goals and targets to work towards
- Empowering them to make their own decisions about their development
- Signposting them to other organisations for support
- opportunities to get involved in other areas of The Trust’s work, such as supporting with events
What is the impact?
You can help a young person sharpen their CV or interviewing technique, build their confidence and support them into the next stage of their professional life.
What is the time commitment?
Ideally, a Mentor is expected to commit to around four to six hours per month for a minimum of a year.
Marcia Forbes, Mentor
Opportunities available in:
- Northern Ireland
- Scotland: Ayrshire, Dundee
- South West: Plymouth and Torbay
- South West Wales area
- Yorkshire and the Humber: Hull