Providing one-to-one support for up to three years to a young person starting in self-employment.
What is it?
As a Business Mentor, you’ll make a real difference to the lives of young people on The Prince’s Trust Enterprise programme.
The role involves:
- Having regular meetings with a young person
- Providing a young person with support to develop and grow their business
- Acting as a sounding board for a young person to share their thoughts, concerns and successes
- Empowering them to make their own decisions around the business
- Signposting them to other organisations for support
What is the impact?
The support you offer to a young person entering into self-employment is vital to their success.
What is the time commitment?
Ideally, a Business Mentor is expected to commit to around four to six hours per month for a minimum of two years; however the support could be extended to up to three years.
Margaret Wharton, Business Mentor
Opportunties available in:
- East Midlands: Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Derby and (Leicester - limited placements).
- London and the South East: Haringey, Hackney, Tottenham, Islington, Lambeth, Wandsworth, Tower Hamlets, Poplar and West London
- Northern Ireland: outside Belfast
- Scotland: Dundee, North Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire
- West Midlands: Wolverhampton and the Black Country
- Yorkshire and the Humber: West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, The Humber