Volunteer with us online
We have an active online community of volunteers who use a flexible online platform to mentor young people and help them to get ahead in life.
What will you be doing?
As on online mentor, you’ll be supporting someone aged between 18-30 who is either starting a business or looking for work.
It’s the most flexible way to volunteer - chat through our digital platform or Skype at a time that suits you.
You’ll provide one or more mentees with one-to-one-support, guidance, encouragement. You will:
- Talk weekly via video call or live chat
- Offer feedback and guidance
- Encourage and motivate, with a focus on building self-confidence
- Help to set goals and complete learning modules
We’ll give you all the training you need to get started.
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy with young people and their needs
- Confidence using digital platforms
- Great coaching skills
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining professional boundaries in an online relationship.
- Similar values to the Trust, and be approachable, non-judgmental, inspiring, empowering and passionate
- You don’t need to have lots of specific business experience. A large part of the role is facilitating learning and encouraging the young person to reach their goals
Prince's Trust Online is a free program designed to help young people learn key skills essential to finding a job or starting a business. Designed for those who are unable to access a Prince’s Trust course in person, we offer one-to-one support through online mentoring.
With the commitment of our volunteers, we are able to offer a support network to young people facing significant barriers to employment, education or training.
What's in it for you?
You’ll have the opportunity to use your skills and experiences to help guide and support young people to set up their own businesses, or find a job.
You’ll be part of a community of other Prince’s Trust online volunteers, having the opportunity to share, learn and gain expertise from a wide range of mentors.
The support you offer a young person can be vital to their success, and make a real difference to their life.