Why become an e-mentor?
- You will have the opportunity to use your skills and experiences to make a real difference to the lives of young people
- You will be given a flexible way to support our work at a time and location that suits you
- You will be given training and support to carry out your role
What’s the time commitment?
- Around two hours per week for approximately three months
What experience do I need?
We will provide training and support to carry out your role, but ideally you will have the following:
- Confidence using digital platforms
- Some business knowledge, specifically around the challenges that small businesses can face
- Confidence to facilitate learning and the ability to encourage young people to reach their goals
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to upload the values of The Trust. Our values are approachable, non-judgemental, inspiring, empowering and passionate
How does it work?
- Once you have completed online training, you will be matched to a young person on the platform via our dedicated digital volunteering team
- You will virtually meet with your young person on the platform weekly using live chat and video calls
- You will support young people to complete learning modules, helping them to set goals and activities along the way
How do I get involved?
Once you click apply you will be asked to:
- Confirm you are able to work with young people
- Provide some information about yourself and provide some referees
- Complete an online video application answering a few questions
If you're a young person and want more information, head to the Prince’s Trust Online sign up page.