Become an e-mentor
We are currently looking for e-mentors to support young people on our online Enterprise and Employability programmes as part of our brand new digital learning platform, Prince's Trust Online.
Due to high demand, we’re currently only recruiting e-mentors on our Enterprise programme. If you’re interested in the Employability role we strongly encourage you to apply to be an Enterprise e-mentor as many of the core skills are transferable and you don’t need to be a business expert.
What is Prince’s Trust Online?
- Prince’s Trust Online is a brand new digital learning platform designed to provide tailored learning and one-to-one support for young people
- Prince’s Trust Online is for young people who are unemployed or underemployed and are unable to access our traditional face-to-face programmes
- We are currently delivering two programmes, Enterprise and Employability, to support young people to learn the skills they need for self-employment or employment
Watch Shiarna's inspiring video
Why become an e-mentor?
- You will have the opportunity to use your skills and experiences to make a real difference to the lives of young people
- You will be given a flexible way to support our work at a time and location that suits you
- You will be given training and support to carry out your role
- You will have the chance to develop your own skills through mentoring
What’s the time commitment?
- Around two hours per week for approximately three months
What experience do I need?
We will provide training and support to carry out your role, but ideally you will have the following:
- Confidence using digital platforms
- Confidence to facilitate learning and the ability to encourage young people to reach their goals
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to uphold the values of The Trust. Our values are approachable, non-judgemental, inspiring, empowering and passionate
For more information on each role, take a look at our role descriptions for Enterprise (pdf, 226kb) and Employability (pdf, 225kb). If you’re not sure which programme would suit you best, then you can let us know when you click ‘Apply.’
How does it work?
- Once you have completed online training, you will be matched to a young person on the platform via our dedicated digital volunteering team
- You will virtually meet with your young person on the platform weekly using live chat and video calls
- You will support young people to complete learning modules, helping them to set goals and activities along the way
How do I get involved?
Once you click apply you will be asked to:
- Complete our online application form to confirm you are able to work with young people and provide some information about yourself. You’ll need to provide us with details of two referees, so it’s best to have these ready before you start the form. The form takes up to 10 minutes and needs to be completed in one sitting as it can’t be saved.
- Complete a short online video interview answering a few questions about yourself and why you want to volunteer with us. Don’t worry, it’s not scary and we’ll provide support at each step of the way. This interview takes around 20 minutes to complete and can be done on your computer, tablet or mobile at a time and place convenient to you!
- Get logged in to Prince’s Trust Online and complete our online training modules which take around two hours in total.
If you have any questions about applying to become an e-mentor or mentoring itself, simply download our FAQs (pdf, 111kb) for more details. For all other questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a young person and want more information, head to the Prince’s Trust Online sign up page.