Supporting a young person one-to-one in applying for a cash grant to help them get into employment, education or training.
What is it?
As an Awards Assessor, you will assess young people’s eligibility for a Development Award, cash grant of up to £500 (depending on local funding).
The role involves:
- meeting a young person one-to-one and assessing their eligibility for a development award
- helping a young person identify how a development award could benefit them
- supporting a young person completing an assessment form for a cash grant
- signposting them to other organisations for support, if applicable
What is the impact?
Development Awards can break down financial barriers young people face when entering employment or education. With your support in applying for a small financial grant, we can help young people reach their full potential.
What is the time commitment?
Ideally a commitment of three to six hours per month for a minimum of one year.
Maggie Thorne, Awards Assessor
Opportunities available in:
- North East: Tees Valley and Newcastle
- Scotland: Fife
- Yorkshire and the Humber: Bradford, Sheffield, Doncaster, Grimsby and Cleethorpes