Providing one-to-one support to a young person looking to move into employment, education or training.
The role involes:
- having regular meetings with a young person
- providing a young person with support to move towards employment, education or training
- supporting a young person identify goals and targets to work towards
- empowering them to make their own decisions about their development
- signposting them to other organisations for support
What is the impact?
With your support working with a young person, you can help them sharpen their CV or interviewing technique, build their confidence and support them into the next stage of their professional life.
What is the time commitment?
Ideally, a Mentor is expected to commit to around four to six hours per month for a minimum of a year.
Natalie Smith, Talent Match Mentor