The Ministry of Defence (MOD) has a long association with youth development, specialising in creating challenging and enjoyable activities that motivate and support the personal and social development of young people.
Working in partnership with The Prince's Trust the services support young people in the development of confidence, responsibility, self-reliance and leadership. Through working together, the MOD is able to raise awareness of the services' youth engagement operations and build a broader understanding of military employment opportunities for young people.
Opportunities exist for individuals and formation units to get involved in this partnership:
- Short-term (20 days) and long-term (14 weeks) secondments (the Defence Instruction Notice 2014DIN01-102 provides more information)
- Secondments and short-term contracts for wounded, injured or sick (WIS) personnel on graduated return-to-work programmes, through our Help for Heroes partnership
- Employment preparation courses or business start-up loans - read more about The Prince's Trust Enterprise programme here
- Programme delivery support, on personal development days for young people or residential actitvities
- Access to Prince's Trust programmes for services families.
The MOD is able to offer The Prince's Trust unique activities in inaccessible locations run by service personnel who have a vast range of skills and experience that can challenge, inspire and motivate the vulnerable young people The Trust works with. Activities have included The Royal Navy Gun Run at HMS Collingwood, station visits with RAF Digby and Get Started in Survival run by the Army in Wales.
If you are looking to develop your leadership skills, engage with your local community or transition your career, The Prince's Trust can help. Email MOD@princes-trust.org.uk to find out more.