Women Supporting Women
Women Supporting Women is a passionate group who are committed to changing the lives of young women at The Prince’s Trust, helping them gain the skills needed to live, learn and earn.
The mission of Women Supporting Women is simple: to provide the right help to nurture, empower and inspire young women to build their own futures through employment, self-employment, education or training.
Young women need our support in particular and suffer some challenges more acutely than men. For instance:
- The National Office of Statistics data shows that there are 240,000 young women who are currently not in work, education or training. This is an increase of 11,000 from a year ago
- NHS data shows a 68% rise in hospital admissions because of self-harm among girls under 17 in the past decade
- The Prince’s Trust Macquarie Youth Index 2018 reported that 60% of young girls vs 36% of young men worry about their body image
Young women across the UK need you if they are to achieve their full potential. You can help to transform their lives through joining Women Supporting Women in three ways:
- Personal Giving: A bespoke, relationship with The Prince’s Trust where you can see the impact of your philanthropy on the lives of young women. We will also send you regular updates and the opportunity to see The Trust’s life-changing work first hand
- Your Company/Corporate Partnership: Support given via funding from a business, which includes a tailor-made partnership, volunteering opportunities for staff and potential product collaborations. This is a great way to engage people from across the business and really helps build team spirit
- Fundraising: Fundraising ideas include taking part in a Trust challenge event such cycling a route like no other by taking part in Palace to Palace bike ride, hosting an intimate gathering with you friends, or organising an extraordinary group challenge such as a trek or mountain climb to help raise funds
Chrissie Rucker OBE, Founder, The White Company & Founding Silver Patron of Women Supporting Women
By joining Women Supporting Women, you will be helping to ensure that young women’s futures are not predetermined by circumstance. Over our 42 years, The Prince’s Trust has become expert in supporting those in particularly challenging situations, which range from mental health problems, growing up in the care system, victims of sexual abuse, involvement with in the criminal justice system and long-term unemployment.
Our tailored programmes and long-term support give young people the practical skills and emotional resilience to pick themselves back up and create their own positive futures. When you change just one life, it has an incredible ‘halo’ effect which benefits their family, friends and their local community, thus deepening your impact.
We passionately believe that all young women deserve the chance to succeed. The Prince’s Trust helps 23,000 young women each year, and through Women Supporting Women, we can ensure that they have the best start in life.
We very much hope you will join us in changing the lives of young women at The Prince’s Trust.
If you would like to find out more about Women Supporting Women and how you can invest in our work, please contact Gemma Craggs on Gemma.Craggs@princes-trust.org.uk or 020 7543 1299.
I thought about killing myself and had emotional outbursts which were having a dramatic effect on our family life, causing arguments.