RISE is The Prince’s Trust’s next gen giving group and a network of 21 - 40-year-olds who are passionate about social mobility. RISE is an exciting social movement bringing together entrepreneurs, changemakers and philanthropic pioneers who are passionate about improving the lives of young people.
This group aims to help young people across the UK by:
- Raising funds
- Influencing networks
- Shouting about our work and
- Empowering young people, no matter their background.
This is a community where young ambition thrives.
The campaign: RISE
Our goal is to raise £1.5 million to help 1500 young people across the UK build a brighter future. We want to help young people who have not been given the opportunity to RISE.
If you are passionate about supporting young people, join the RISE movement. Whether donating, fundraising, or spreading our message, our goal is to give every young person the positive opportunities they deserve, because the higher they rise, the smaller the gap between a hopeful dream and a deserved reality.
At the Prince’s Trust we are passionate about making our work as relevant as possible. Before Covid-19, we already had reason to be concerned about the wellbeing and prosperity of young people, however the pandemic has heightened the need for support:
- The ONS (November, 2021) reported that there are currently 881,000 young people not in employment, education, or training (NEET). These are young people who have not been given the opportunity to RISE; who haven’t been nurtured by mentors and teachers; who haven’t been shown that success is within their reach and something worth fighting for.
- Over half of young people (52 per cent) agree they’ve “lost confidence in themselves” as a result of the pandemic, rising to 60 per cent among those from lower income backgrounds (Confidence Crossroads: The path ahead for young people, The Prince’s Trust, December 2021)
- Young people are 3.5 times more likely to be unemployed than the rest of the working age population (Confidence Crossroads: The path ahead for young people The Prince’s Trust, December 2021)
In this time of unrest and upheaval, The Prince’s Trust offers support and stability to young people who need it the most. Many of these young people face complex needs which can include mental health challenges, offending backgrounds or homelessness.
Join our RISE network
- Become a RISER with a donation of £20 per month.
- Support 20+ young people through our programmes by donating £5,000 each year with a four-year commitment.
- Support 40+ young people through our programmes by donating £10,000 each year with a four-year commitment.
- Support 100+ young people through our programmes by donating £25,000 each year with a four-year commitment.
- Join the RISE Board by giving £5,000 and raising £5,000 per year for four years and committing to helping us grow and drive the RISE campaign.
Your support is pivotal. It’s the difference between a young person feeling hopeless, to a young person realising they can shape their own future, and gaining the confidence, tenacity and resilience to RISE.
For more information, please contact Amie Atkinson, Amie.Atkinson@princes-trust.org.uk