What is it?
In short, it is a 10,000-steps-a-day challenge, throughout the month of February 2019. Doing it as a team, you will get fitter, as well as raise vital funds to support the work of The Prince’s Trust.
Check out our Future Steps FAQs to find out more about how the challenge works.
Get started by downloading our Future Steps app!
Interested? It’s time to invite up to five others to join the challenge. Nominate a Team captain and start thinking about a team name.
Sign up by downloading the Future Steps app and linking it to your tracking device.
Take a look at how the app works by checking out our images below or watching our video.
Team captains will then need to do the following through the Future Steps app:
- Register and enter details of your chosen team name
- Set up your team’s JustGiving page within the app and share team name with fellow team members
From 24th January – Update the app to unlock the full challenge.
From 1st February – Get ready, get set, go!
The app will work on iOS and Android devices. You will be able to link with your Fitbit, Apple Health Kit or Google Fit.
Why take part?
Ah, the elusive 10,000 steps! Where did the 10,000 figure even come from? We hear this figure everywhere; our doctors tell us it will do us good, we hear it on the telly, and from those who love us encourage us to keep fit and get active! Well, there’s a lot of truth in it. Walking is good for us!
- Get fit and have fun – look after your physical and mental health by getting out and getting active.
- Build relationships – rally your team and keep each other motivated – you’re all in this together!
- Spark a bit of healthy competition – 10,000 steps isn’t a hard limit. Compete to be top of the Future Steps leaderboard by taking extra steps!
- Fundraise to change young lives – The Prince’s Trust will support 60,000 more young people this year. We can’t do it without you.
The challenge that lies ahead
This map will help you visualise the challenge ahead.
You’ll be covering a lot of ground – in fact so much, you’ll be covering the equivalent distance of visiting England, Wales and Scotland!
Doing 10,000 steps a day already? Amazing – virtual high five! If you fancy an extra challenge, become a ‘Super Stepper’ by doing 14,000 steps a day and hop on over to Northern Ireland too.
By taking on the Future Steps challenge, you will be helping young people take the next step to transform their lives. We will share some incredible stories to motivate you along the way and show you how the funds you raise have a direct impact on the next generation.