Can we contact celebrities who work with The Trust?
The Prince's Trust will not be able to approach any celebrity ambassadors on behalf of fundraisers nor will we be able to provide a list of our celebrity supporters. If you do approach celebrities to support your event, please stress that you are 'raising funds to support The Prince's Trust' and that you do not work officially on behalf of The Trust. It can be very difficult to get national celebrities involved in fundraising. Local celebrities such as radio presenters or local news readers are often a better option.
How do I fundraise online?
The easiest way for you to collect donations and claim Gift Aid is by setting up your own JustGiving page.
- Select The Prince's Trust as your charity
- Personalise your page with a photo, then explain what you're doing for The Prince's Trust – and why
- Share your link on Facebook, Twitter and in an email to all your contacts
Collecting donations from your family and friends couldn't be easier. You can also pay in offline donations using a credit/debit card!
Can I have my own text giving code?
Yes you can! Simply set up your JustGiving page as above, register for your own code (eg JOHN21 or SWIM33), and promote your code on fundraising materials, t-shirts or posters by asking people to text your code followed by an amount between £1-£10 to 70070. For example:
Any donations that come through will then show up on your JustGiving page alongside any other sponsorship you receive.
Can I use another online provider?
We prefer you to use JustGiving. Over 24 million people have raised 1.9 billion for charity on JustGiving. The site makes fundraising simple, fast, effective and fun. If you would prefer to use another provider please speak to us so we can ensure we'll be able to recognise your fundraising efforts.
How do I pay in cash?
Please don't send cash in the post. You can pay in cash by:
- Banking the money yourself and paying into your JustGiving page using a debit or credit card
- Banking the money and sending us a personal cheque made out to The Prince's Trust or paying in cash at a Post Office and sending us a postal orders are temporarily unavailable and will be diverted and held at a sorting office until further notice.
- Paying the money directly into our bank account. Drop us a line and we'll give you all the details you need to do this. You can contact us here or phone us on 020 7543 1384 (Mon to Friday, 9am-5pm).
Is there advice available?
Of course! Our lovely team is on hand to offer inspiration and advice to those brand new to fundraising and to seasoned fundraisers alike. You can contact us here or phone us on 020 7543 1384 (Mon to Friday, 9am-5pm).
Are there any materials available to help me?
We have posters, balloons, t-shirts and collection tins/buckets available to help fundraisers. Find the resource for you here.
Can my money go to a specific project?
The money you raise will automatically go to the areas that need it most. This allows us to be more efficient with your fundraising, allowing us to help more young people. If you feel a particular connection to an area or programme please get in touch with us.
What are donations spent on?
You can see examples of what donations are spent on, how much of every pound goes directly to the cause and, if you like, our full accounts, by reading our annual reports.