Enter a team or compete solo to take on teams across the country in this indoor bike challenge.
What is The Race?
The Race is an indoor static bike challenge that took place in Virgin Active Gyms across the country on Thursday 23 November between 12:30pm-6pm. As a team of four you will race to glory against other teams across the UK. Each member of the team cycles for one hour to cover as much distance as you can, led by the amazing Virgin Active instructors.
This is a unique and spectacular, high-energy, gym-based cycling event, not to be missed!
- Team registration fee: £80 (£20 each)
- Team fundraising commitment: £500 (£125 each)
The ultimate challenge – one bike, one person, four hours. Registration is £80 and the fundraising commitment is £500. Register your interest for the next event.
Where was The Race happening?
The Race took place in Virgin Active cycle studios, complete with a banging sound system and spectacular lighting. We are only able to offer a limited number of opportunities to take part in this exclusive new event, so register now to secure your place in the following locations:
- London – Mansion House
Take on The Race and receive:
- Access to Virgin Active Clubs on the day
- A unique and inspirational event experience including special guests
- A Prince’s Trust t-shirt
- Training plans and training advice
- A fundraising pack, full of ideas to help you smash your sponsorship pledge
- Dedicated support and expert fundraising advice from the Prince’s Trust team
- Regular updates on how your fundraising helps change young people’s lives
- The chance to be crowned The Race Champion 2017
By registering for The Race you will be supporting our work with disadvantaged young people across the UK.
We support 11 to 30-year-olds who are unemployed or struggling at school and at risk of exclusion. Many of the young people we help are in or leaving care, facing issues such as homelessness or mental health problems, or they have been in trouble with the law.
We give vulnerable young people the practical and financial support needed to stabilise their lives, helping develop self-esteem and skills for work. Fundraising for The Prince’s Trust will help change the lives of some of the hardest to reach young people in the UK.
For more information about our events, please contact the Events team.
Thank you to the following people for their support with these resources:
- Alex Brown, Master Personal Trainer at Virgin Active for kindly creating the bike set up, advanced training plan and six-week plan
- Kate Day, Virgin Active Fitness Product & Programming Manager for kindly creating the beginners guide