Virgin Money London Marathon terms and conditions
The below terms and conditions apply to the London Marathon only.
- Registration fee: £100
- Sponsorship pledge: £2,500
Terms and conditions
- It is important to start training and fundraising as early as possible, so we aim to notify all successful applicants in October, or within a month of your application after October. If you are not immediately successful, we operate a waiting list and will inform you if a place becomes available.
- By registering for a charity place with The Prince’s Trust in the Virgin Money London Marathon, you are agreeing to be contacted by email, phone and mail in regards to this specific event.
- To secure a Prince’s Trust guaranteed charity place in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2017 you must pledge to raise at least £2,500 (excluding Gift Aid and any employer Matched Giving) by 5 June 2017.
- The £100 registration fee is payable by you and cannot be taken from any sponsorship that you raise, and this fee is non-refundable.
- We aim to notify successful applicants as soon as possible after receiving your application. If your application is not immediately successful we will keep a waiting list and inform you if a place becomes available.
- You are personally responsible for registering to run on the Virgin Money London Marathon registration console. Failure to do so will mean you will be unable to run. We will inform you well in advance if this is necessary.
- If The Prince’s Trust feels that you are not committed to reaching your fundraising target we reserve the right to remove your details from the Virgin Money London Marathon registration console – forfeiting your place so that we may offer it to another supporter.
- When fundraising, you must act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines given by The Prince’s Trust staff. We ask fundraisers not to do anything that may harm the reputation of The Prince’s Trust or act in a manner contrary to our values.
- Black listing. If you fail to raise the £2,500 sponsorship pledge The Prince’s Trust are asked to inform the Virgin Money London Marathon organisers. This may impact your chances of participating in the event in the future.
- If you have to withdraw due to injury or illness prior to the race, please notify The Prince’s Trust immediately, as we may be able to re-allocate your place to someone on our waiting list. Any money raised will be retained as a donation towards The Prince’s Trust.
- All correspondence regarding this application should be directed to The Prince’s Trust Active Events team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 543 1370.