Great North Run 2017
Take on the UK’s biggest half marathon and help give disadvantaged young people a brighter future.
This iconic half marathon sees 57,000 runners take on the 13.1 mile course from the Tyne Bridge, right out towards the coast in South Shields.
- Registation fee: £30
- Sponsorship pledge: £300
If you want to secure a guaranteed charity place on our team in 2017, please apply now.
- A technical running vest
- Dedicated support and expert fundraising advice from the events team
- Half marathon training plans and training advice
- A fundraising pack, full of ideas to make sure you smash your sponsorship pledge
- Cheerers along the route and a post-race reception on event day
- Regular updates to show how your fundraising helps change young people’s lives
Hoping for a ballot place?
If you secure a ballot place in the 2017 Great North Run, we would love to have you on our team, and you’ll receive all the same benefits as a charity place runner. Drop us an email to let us know. We just ask you to raise as much as you can to help support disadvantaged young people across the UK.
Why run for The Prince’s Trust?
We support 13- to 30-year-olds who are unemployed or struggling at school and at risk of exclusion. Many of the young people we help are in or leaving care, facing issues such as homelessness or mental health problems, or they have been in trouble with the law.
We give vulnerable young people the practical and financial support needed to stabilise their lives, helping develop self-esteem and skills for work. Fundraising for The Prince’s Trust will help change the lives of some of the hardest to reach young people in the UK.
Tyne Bridge towards the coast in South Shields