How Payroll Giving works
By signing up to our Payroll Promise, you'll commit to making a donation straight from your salary to The Prince's Trust each month. In return, we'll promise to help more young people who need our support to develop their confidence and skills for the workplace.
How are Payroll Promise
Payroll Giving allows you to make regular donations to The Prince's Trust directly from your pay packet or occupational pension. Your donations are made before Income Tax is deducted, which means that you are given tax relief on your donation immediately - and at your highest rate of tax.
- You pledge £5
- Which actually costs you £4 at the standard tax rate, or £3 at the higher tax rate
- And The Prince's Trust receives the full £5
Who can use Payroll Giving?
You can use Payroll Giving if both of the following apply:
- You are an employee or you get an occupational pension and your employer/pension provider deducts tax through the PAYE system
- Your employer or pension provider operates a Payroll Giving scheme
How do you start Payroll Giving?
Most employers who operate a Payroll Giving scheme will have a form for you to complete to authorise the donations to be deducted from your regular pay. Please ask your employer for a copy of this form and complete the details. Your employer will then make arrangements with an agency who will transfer your donations to us.
It would be great if you could also let us know that you will be donating in this way so that we can update our records and say thank you. You can contact us on 020 7543 1384 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, or send us a message:
- a tax-free gift from your monthly salary
- to change young people’s lives