It appears that your browser does not support JavaScript. Some features of the website will not be available.

Give more with Gift Aid

Make your donation go further at no extra cost to you.
Gift Aid logo

If you are a UK taxpayer and agree to Gift Aid your donation, The Prince's Trust can reclaim the tax on your gift. For eligible donations this increases the value of your donation by 25p for each £1 you have given. You can make a Gift Aid declaration now using the form below. Please remember to tell us your first name and surname, and your home address.

This form needs JavaScript to work. Please enable it or use a different browser

This information is required

Can contain integers only

Can contain numbers only

Should be a valid email

Should be a valid phone number

Should be a valid date

Should be a valid year

Should be a valid postcode

Should be less than

Should be more than

Thank you for deciding to Gift Aid your donations to The Prince’s Trust.
Gift Aid is reclaimed by The Prince’s Trust from the tax you pay for the current tax year. There is no extra cost to you.
This field is mandatory
Please let us know if you change your name, address or no longer pay enough tax. You can cancel your declaration at any time.
Your details
This field is mandatory
This field is mandatory
Please select your address from the list below
Start new address search Cannot find my address
You are able to cancel this declaration at any time by emailing
Keeping in touch
We’d love to share inspiring stories of young lives changed and let you know more ways you can get involved.
You can tailor your communication preferences, or unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of any email we send.
We promise not to share your details with anyone else for marketing purposes and you can stop receiving communications at any time. To change the way we contact you get in touch on 020 7543 1384 or at
To understand how we will store and use your details please see our privacy policy.

Want to post us your Gift Aid declaration instead? Download this link (pdf, 174kb) and post it to:

The Prince’s Trust
Prince’s Trust South London Centre
8 Glade Path

Alternatively, you can phone us on 020 7543 1384 to make a declaration over the phone, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

With Gift Aid:

  • A £20 donation becomes £25
  • A £100 donation becomes £125
  • A £5,000 donation becomes £6,250

Gift Aid is tax relief on your donations

Gift Aid allows The Prince's Trust to take a donation (money that a donor has already paid tax on), and then reclaim the tax on its 'gross' equivalent (its value before tax was deducted) at the basic tax rate. Since April 2000 this has been 20 per cent.

In practice this means that for every pound donated to The Prince's Trust using Gift Aid, we can claim an additional 25 pence from HMRC.

Who can donate through Gift Aid?

You can Gift Aid a donation if it is your own money that you are giving us, and if you have paid sufficient UK income tax or capital gains tax to cover the amount that we are reclaiming. 

Higher rate taxpayers

A higher rate taxpayer who makes donations through Gift Aid can claim back the difference between the higher rate of tax at 40 per cent they have paid, and the basic rate of tax at 20 per cent that The Prince's Trust will claim.

Donors who complete a Self Assessment tax return can use the Gift Aid Donations section of the form to list the Gift Aid donations made within the year. HMRC will calculate the value of the tax relief eligible, and this will be added to your next year's tax allowance through an adjustment to your tax code. Donors who do not complete a Self Assessment tax return can call their tax office to have the higher rate relief reflected in their PAYE tax code.

Donations from Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)

We can also Gift Aid donations from LLPs.  All we need is an LLP Gift Aid declaration completed by each partner at the firm for their share of the donation.  To be Gift Aidable, the LLP donations need to be made via business cheque, credit card or BACS transfer.

The LLP Gift Aid declaration form can be found here (pdf, 203kb).

The partners can claim tax relief on their share of the LLP donation when completing their Self Assessment tax return.

Donations to sponsor an event participant

If you have a friend or family member taking part in a Prince's Trust event and you would like to sponsor them with a Gift Aid donation, we would encourage you to use our preferred online fundraising platform JustGiving.

Ask the participant for the link to their JustGiving page and you can then donate securely online, and pledge Gift Aid at the same time.

If you would prefer not to donate online in this way, you can make a Gift Aidable sponsorship donation over the telephone by calling us on 020 7543 1384. Our team is here Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Non Taxpayers

If you are not a UK taxpayer, then unfortunately you cannot use Gift Aid. If this is the case, let us know and we won’t keep asking you about Gift Aid.

For more information about Gift Aid, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Talk to us