Through our Achieve programme, we will equip young people with the LLN skills they need for everyday life and work.
At the end of their Prince's Trust journey, our young people will:
- Describe themselves as more confident in their literacy, language and numeracy skills and recognise that with new strategies, support and hard work, they can improve these skills.
- Regard employment and education programmes which require English and Maths as within their reach.
- Provide every young person with an opportunity to build literacy and numeracy skills in a personal social development (PSD) or vocational context.
- Promote the importance of literacy and numeracy in everyday life and work and encourage positive attitudes to learning: “everyone can improve their literacy and numeracy skills”.
On these pages you'll find materials and resources to help you maximise opportunities for literacy, language and numeracy learning in your Achieve club.
If you have any questions or would like to share resources or success stories of your own, we would love to hear from you. Get in touch with one of the team by clicking the button below.
Confidence boosting energisers and ice-breakers
- Energisers and Games (doc, 4mb) - use these literacy, language and numercy themed games at the beginning of a session, or build on them to create a session in their own right.
- Mini bus games (doc, 34kb) - group games ideal for keeping young people entertained on journeys.
Materials for your club room
Literacy, Language and Numeracy posters. Order A3 printed versions by speaking to your local Prince's Trust Executive.
- Measures (pdf, 357kb)
- Fractions (pdf, 466kb)
- Time (pdf, 133kb)
- Spelling (pdf, 113kb)
- Punctuation (pdf, 126kb)
- Movie Madness - plan, direct and prodduce a short film using mobile devices.
- Radio Ga Ga - create a radio play.
- The Bank Balance Game - interactive group money management game.
- The Crystal Maze - problem solving maths challenges and games.
- Giant Maths Monopoly - classic Monopoly with a numercial twist.
- Music and Lyrics - creative writing session.
National Numeracy Everyday Maths Workbooks
These four everyday maths packs are designed to support young people in dealing with the kind of mathematical problems that arise in everyday life and the world of work.
- About Time (pdf, 133kb)
- Business Finance (pdf, 1mb)
- Getting the Best Deal (pdf, 1mb)
- Managing Money (pdf, 1mb)
Online resources for literacy, language and numeracy
Resources to support promotion of maths and English in work experience.
Resources for English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Continued Professional Development
- Free online modules and self-evaluation tools to develop your personal maths or English skills at level 2, with some extension to level 3.
- Carol Dweck TED Talk: the power of believing you can improve. (10.20)
- Jo Boaler TED Talk: how to be good at maths and other surprising facts about learning. (12.58)