Ready to try something new?
Our Explore course is free, fun and fully-equipped to help you to work towards your goals.
Are you 16-30 and keen to unlock your potential?
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE
- TRY NEW THINGS AND DEVELOP LIFE SKILLS
How the course works
The Explore programme is designed to boost your confidence, help you gain skills in team work and communication, and get access to up to 6 months of mentoring to support you towards your own goals.
The programme revolves around providing personal development opportunities through an entry week of team building and a calendar of follow on workshops.
The ‘Access week’ helps to motivate young people through a mix of team building, adventurous activities (such as rock climbing and canoeing) and a 2 night residential.
The follow on calendar of workshops is the main part of the programme and these cover everything from employability skills and qualifications through to life skills and confidence boosting activities.
Explore offers more flexibility and the choice to lead your own personal development alongside a staff mentor, who you will work with closely during additional one-to-one sessions. Explore can help young people move into employment, training, apprenticeships and more.
- The Explore course will kick-off with a Group Induction, where you'll get to meet other young people
- You'll take part in a range of follow-on sessions and workshops, including: Urban Nature, Healthy Living, Identity & Stereotypes, Keep Active, Career Day & C.V, Explore Interview Skills and Opportunities & Next Steps
- You'll also take part in an end of programme celebration