Want to work in the great outdoors?
Our Get into Woodlands course will give you the skills to get ahead in the outdoor sector.
Are you 18-30 and want a job?
- ALL TRAINING PROVIDED
- TRAVEL EXPENSES PAID ON PROGRAMME
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
Meet new people and gain a range of skills. We’ll also help you with your CV and interview skills.
Not only will it boost your confidence and employability skills, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit from support from one of our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
This is a 4 week face to face programme running 8.30am-3.30pm, Monday- Friday at Saltwells Nature Reserve, Dudley.
You will need to travel to Saltwells everyday (Prince’s Trust will cover your travel expenses)
Throughout the programme you will:
- Learn about the different aspects of woodlands maintenance and geoconservation
- Gain work experience and training at the Black Country Geopark's Saltwell Nature Reserve, one of the UK's largest urban nature reserves
- Be provided with the opportunity to gain Qualifications to help get a job in the green or forestry sector such as NPTC Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
- Improve your teamwork and communication and boost your confidence, interviews skills and your CV
The programme kicks off with a Taster Day, held at Saltwells Nature Reserve, Dudley, on Friday 4th February 2022. For more information and to book your place, contact our customer service team.