Do you want to work in retail?
Our Marks & Start retail course, delivered in partnership with Marks & Spencer, is a 4 week employability and work experience programme.
Are you 18-30 and want a job?
- ALL TRAINING PROVIDED
- TRAVEL EXPENSES PAID ON PROGRAMME
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
Meet new people and gain retail skills such as customer service, stock control and window and shop displays.
We’ll also help you with your CV and interview skills.
Not only will it boost your confidence and employability skills, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit from support from one of our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
- The course is open to young people aged 16-25 and based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire, who are not in education, employment or training and are looking to start their career in the retail sector
- You'll take part in 4-weeks of training and work experience in a Marks and Spencer store
- The course is a blended programme so all training will be delivered online rather than face to face, but participants will work in store 4.5 days each week
- You'll need to be available for 4 weeks from 18th Oct- 12th Nov
- You'll get your travel expenses and lunch paid for throughout the programme, and taking part will not affect your benefits
The course kicks-off with a Taster Day on 6th October 2021 which will take place online.
Those four weeks on the course were probably the happiest moments of my life. I would've done another four just for the joy of it.