Do you want to work in retail?
Our Get into Retail course, delivered in partnership with TK Maxx, is a great opportunity for young people in Birmingham to build confidence, gain work experience and dicover a career with a renowned retail brand.
Are you 16-30 and want a job?
- ALL TRAINING PROVIDED
- TRAVEL EXPENSES PAID ON PROGRAMME
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
Meet new people and gain retail skills such as customer service, stock control and window and shop displays.
We’ll also help you with your CV and interview skills.
Not only will it boost your confidence and employability skills, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit from support from one of our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
- You'll undertake work experience in a TK Maxx/Homesense store
- The course will give you a chance to meet new people and work in a team, learn new skills and gain training in customer service, as well as develop your interview & employability skills
- You'll learn how to set realistic goals for yourself and how to achieve them, incuding how to create a great looking CV, learn presentation skills and gain the understanding of how to smash that interview!
The course kicks-off with a Taster Day that will take place on Thursday 29th July 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
Those four weeks on the course were probably the happiest moments of my life. I would've done another four just for the joy of it.