Do you want to work in retail or customer service?
Our online Get into Retail course, delivered in partnership with BP, will give you the skills to get ahead with employment opportunities available. The course is open to young people across Leeds, York, Bingley, Harrogate, Spittal and Formby.
Are you 18-24 and want a job?
- ALL TRAINING PROVIDED
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
Meet new people and gain retail skills such as customer service, stock control and window and shop displays.
We’ll also help you with your CV and interview skills.
Not only will it boost your confidence and employability skills, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit from support from one of our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
- The course will run in the following locations: Leeds, York, Bingley, Harrogate, Spittal and Formby
- You'll be in-store Monday to Thursday throughout the week with a day off and Prince's Trust employability session running each Friday
- You'll gain new skills in Customer Service, Money Handling and Retail with on-the-job training
- You'll get the chance of a guaranteed interview at the end of the programme with full and part-time jobs available, dependant on location
- You'll also have the potential for internal progression through a career with BP
- You'll get your lunch, travel and uniform provided and your Universal Credit will be unaffected during the programme
The course kicks-off with a Taster Day from 10am-3pm on 7th April 2021 which will give you an opportunity to find out more about the programme. The session will take place online via Microsoft Teams so you will need access to a smart phone or other device.
Those four weeks on the course were probably the happiest moments of my life. I would've done another four just for the joy of it.