Do you have a caring nature?
Our Ready to Work course, delivered in partnership with Mears, is a two-day employability programme that will help you move into care work.
Are you 18-30 and work ready?
- TRAVEL EXPENSES PAID ON PROGRAMME
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
As well as getting help boosting your employability skills and confidence, you'll also get an introduction to the sector through Mears, where you'll get the chance to take part in interactive team building exercises.
You'll get the opportunity to access an interview for live vacancies at a Mears flagship branch.
What are the benefits of working with Mears?
- They pay a London living wage in addition to travel costs
- No qualifications are required, however qualifications programmes are available and are paid for by Mears (Care Certificate and NVQ’s)
- Furthermore, Mears will pay £250.00 on completion of a Care Certificate (12 week programme)
- Access to Mears Assist, a confidential personal help line
- Mears Advantage discount card
- Mears Fun Days – held annually at leading theme parks
- Refer a friend scheme worth £1,000 (qualifying periods apply)
- You don't need qualifications to take part
- You'll receive an introduction to Mears and participate in an interactive day learning about work
- You'll have the chance to interview for live vacancies at a Mears flagship branch
- You'll get a free lunch
- If succesful, you'll be paid a living London wage with travel costs and have access to a range of benefits, including qualifications paid for by Mears