Do you want to work in retail?
Our Get into Retail course, delivered in partnership with Gap, will give you the skills to get ahead.
Are you 16-25 and want a job?
- ALL TRAINING PROVIDED
- TRAVEL EXPENSES PAID ON PROGRAMME
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
Meet new people and gain retail skills such as customer service, stock control and window and shop displays.
We’ll also help you with your CV and interview skills.
Not only will it boost your confidence and employability skills, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit from support from one of our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
- You'll receive in-house vocational & employability training from the Gap team
- You'll attend a work placement at a Gap store where you will take on the role of a Store Assistant
- You'll undertake tasks including: ensuring that the shop floor is tidy, greeting customers & dealing with any queries, spending time in the fitting rooms, and understanding & processing deliveries
- You may also get the opportunity to shadow other members of staff in the store
The course kicks off with a Taster Day on Thursday 15th March 2018.
Those four weeks on the course were probably the happiest moments of my life. I would've done another four just for the joy of it.