Do you want to work in hospitality?
Our Get into Cooking course, delivered in partnership with North West Regional College, will open up a number of doors in the industry.
Are you 16-24 and want a job?
- ALL TRAINING PROVIDED
- TRAVEL EXPENSES PAID ON PROGRAMME
- DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR BENEFITS
- WORK EXPERIENCE FOR UP TO 4 WEEKS
- BOOST EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- UP TO 6 MONTHS MENTORING SUPPORT
How the course works
Meet new people and gain practical experience by trying your hand at a number of new skills, including setting up workstations, preparing ingredients and cooking food.
In addition, you'll get the chance to undertake work experience with an external employer in the industry as well as support with employability skills, improving your teamwork and communication skills and boosting your confidence, interview skills and CV.
You’ll also have the chance to benefit from support from one of our mentors to help you uncover your next steps.
- The course is open to young people based in Derry/Londonderry and surrounding areas
- The course runs from 5th March and lasts for 3 weeks
- The course takes place at North West regional College, with some travel required to work placements
- You’ll get the chance to secure qualifications in the Cooking sector upon completing the programme