Get funding to train and learn
Our Development Awards can cover the cost of course fees, tools or equipment to help you achieve your goals.
You have to be
- Aged 16 to 30 and living in the UK
- Studying less than 14 hours a week or not in compulsory education
- Unemployed or working less than 16 hours a week
- Accredited course fees up to Level 3 (A-level equivalent)
- Tools, equipment or uniforms for a job or qualification
- Job licence fees
- Transport to a new job until your first pay slip
- Living expenses e.g. rent or bills
- Business start-up costs
- Costs for items that have already been paid for
- Gap year or overseas projects
- Level 4 course fees and beyond (i.e. Higher National Certificate or Diploma)
- Tell us a bit about who you are, your education or employment plan and how a grant would support your goal. Get in touch now
- A friendly volunteer will complete the application form with you
- If you have any questions along the way, talk to us
It can take up to eight weeks for us to process this information.
Once approved, you’ll be awarded a typical amount of £175-£250 (depending on your needs, location and funding availability) which is paid directly to an organisation or we’ll send you a voucher.
Other funding options
For information on other funding opportunities, check out Turn2us.
Starting a business?
If you’re interested in starting a business, take a look at our Enterprise programme, which provides training, mentoring and funding support to help you become your own boss.