We work with young people in prison across Central and the South of England to provide support and get them into work, education or training once released.
We aim to help ex offenders positively transition back into the community.
Our mentors give ‘through the gate’ support to young people, through a series of meetings, to create a clear plan to help them achieve their goals.
But, the support doesn’t end there. We meet the young people at the gate on their release and continue to work with them on a regular basis in the community.
We know that this six-month mentoring approach – before and after release – helps young people to explore their past attitudes to crime and focus on their future.
Who is eligible?
Young people must be:
- 16-30 years old
- Within 3-6 months of release
- Committed to resettlement support
- Returning to one of the areas where our project is active
How does it help?
- Visits / correspondence in prison for three months before and after release
- Met at the gate on the day of their release
- Support with transition from prison to community
Where is the project happening?
- HMYOI Brinsford
- HMP Featherstone
- YOI Cookham Wood
- HMP Lewes
- HMP Winchester
- HMP Dorchester
- HMP Guys Marsh
If you know a young person who could benefit from our prison outreach support, contact: Wilf Nicholls
If you’re interested in working with our young people, find out about our volunteering opportunities.