As part of our partnership with New Look we are offering a Trust-supported Entrepreneur the opportunity to design a party dress for New Look customers to wear this festive season, to be sold online across the country.
If you've taken part in our Enterprise programme, or have launched a business with our support, this is your chance to win £1,000 to support your venture, and work alongside New Look's design team to see your creation brought to life, just in time for the festive season.
The dress will be designed with sustainability in mind using or repurposing leftover 'deadstock' fabric.
In partnership with New Look, we're launching a competition to design the hero party dress for New Look's 2022 Christmas campaign, made from deadstock fabrics. The winner will receive:
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with New Look to design and collaborate on product that'll be sold on New Look’s website
- Your business / name included on campaign material and exposure in New Look’s digital content
- Cash prize worth £1,000 to put towards your own business ventures
- New Look will offer bespoke work experience tailored to you to suit your ambitions, including coaching, insight and expertise on delivering a product from concept to retail, as well as an opportunity to network and build relationships
- £100 New Look voucher for the winner. A runner up will receive a £250 voucher
This competition is open to young people who have taken part in our Enterprise programme since April 2020, and the competition closes at midnight on Wednesday 29th June 2022.
It may not be December just now, but it 'tis the season to party with our new competition!
We’re looking for you to create the party dress of your dreams from deadstock fabrics (material that's surplus or left over from previous production), to bring all the glitz and glamour to the festive season, while reducing waste. The deadstock material may include organza, sequins, satin, velvet, lurex, lace or other shiny fabrics, for example.
One lucky winner will work with New Look’s design team to review the materials available and bring their creation to life. You can draw inspiration from anywhere, as long as you bring party vibes to your creation.
How to enter
- Create your design – your design can be created in any media (digital designs, painting, drawing etc) – but please avoid photography. Your final submission will be sent via email to enter.
- Give us the goss – tell us about your design and write about your creative rationale. This can be a short statement that describes your work, what it represents and how you hope the audience will react to it. 200 words max.
To help you write about your design, think about the answers to these questions:
- What’s the title of your design – it will help you convey your idea to boil it down to a few words
- What does your design represent?
- How did you create it? Did you try anything new?
- How would you like someone who has picked up your design to react?
- Drop us a note – send both your design and creative rationale to email@example.com
You will need to be available 1st / 4th – 15th July for to work through the designs with New Look’s design team.
Please note this competition is open to those who have taken part in our Enterprise programme since April 2020. If this isn’t you, don’t worry! We have got more design opportunities for you to get involved in very soon.
Please note that, if you're selected as a winner, the final design will need to be worked through with New Look given available deadstock. The design will need to be confirmed and booked with supplier the week commencing 11th July 2022.
Looking for more inspiration?
Be inspired by the key trends. We expect the next party season to be all about that good old decadence from the chic city that never sleeps, New York. Inspired by iconic Manhattan architecture and cocktail hours, it's time to don your sequins and head out. Don’t forget, your personal creative input is key. Whether that’s developing an inclusive gender-neutral design or a unique sustainable twist to make a statement.
Get inspired by New Look’s design team
Anica Wislawski, New Look’s Senior Head of Design, has shared some tips for success. Take a look on YouTube.
Terms and conditions
If you're into the small print, we've made sure ours is visible. Check out the terms and conditions before you enter. (pdf, 186kb).
How long have I got?
The New Look and Prince’s Trust hero party dress design competition is open until midnight on Wednesday 29th June 2022.
If you would like more help, or information, we’re here to support. Click here to speak to us.