The Prince’s Trust Wolfson Centre is set to become Scotland’s biggest youth employment and enterprise hub, and will support thousands of young people in Glasgow and surrounding areas.
With one in four young people in Glasgow unemployed, the new Centre will enable us to help around 9,000 young people into work, training or start in business. In collaboration with partners across the public, voluntary and private sector, we will work in partnership to support youth employment and enterprise in Scotland.
Five facts about The Prince’s Trust Wolfson Centre
- This is the first permanent home for The Trust in Scotland and it is the UK’s biggest delivery Centre. Every Trust programme can be delivered within the centre – helping to improve job and training outcomes for our young people
- The Samsung Digital Suite on the ground floor will enable STEM-based and digital literacy and skills training to be integrated into all of our programmes
- There is a dedicated Enterprise floor – helping to inspire more young Scots than ever before to start a business
- The Centre is a collaborative space for partners to support their work and help join-up young people’s journeys. Organisations involved so far include Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Advocacy Project and Skills Development Scotland.
- The Centre will give over 1,000 of our volunteers, youth services and enterprise specialists the opportunity to connect young people to every Trust programme and referral organisations