The Prince’s Trust has teamed up with London Craft Week (3rd-7th May) to support deserving young people who have developed creative businesses in the capital.
Showcasing the very best creativity and craftsmanship, five Trust-supported designers will be demonstrating and discussing their techniques and materials at our Tomorrow’s Store.
Kick-starting with a drinks reception and in-store demonstration, our entrepreneurs will be joined by ambassador Michelle Dewberry, former winner of The Apprentice and Sky News presenter who also knows the hard work required to be successful in business.
The London Craft Week events in the Tomorrow’s Store include:
- Intricate jewellery casting by Dovile B, an abstract and experimental jewellery designer based at the Cockpit Arts Studio in London
- Jenny Espirito Santo of Mind the Cork demonstrating bold and original designs that challenge the perceptions of how cork can be used
- Award-winning furniture designer Alexander Mueller bringing his weaved stools to life in the store
- Eleanor O’Neil of STUDY 34 exhibiting and making her newest collection of sustainable knitwear
- Yinka Illori demonstrating his bright reclaimed furniture designs which combine Nigerian parables and contemporary design
Alexander Mueller, 31, furniture designer and maker based in London, says:
To highlight the craftsmanship on display, Michelle Dewberry has picked her top five items from the young entrepreneurs. She says: