Today marks the beginning of Volunteers' Week and here at The Prince’s Trust we wanted to highlight the huge contribution that our volunteers make to the lives of young people.
Thousands of volunteers across the UK dedicate their time, skills and knowledge to help us in our goal of turning around the lives of young people. We want to say a huge thank to each and every one of them for their contribution to our work which has supported us in helping 875,000 young people get into work, education, training or volunteering.
Did you know…
- For every staff member at the Prince’s Trust there are 7 volunteers. That’s over 9,000 volunteers and secondees!
- Nearly 90% of our people are volunteers and secondees
- There are over 133 office volunteers currently supporting The Trust across the UK.
Last year …
- Mentors, business mentors and next steps mentors have supported 3,605 young people across the UK, with 4 in 5 young people going into work, education, training or volunteering
- Our corporate volunteers delivered 797 employability and life skills sessions to approximately 8,000 young people
- 3,233 corporate volunteers engaged with our work from approximately 130 partners
- 230 Young Ambassadors supported 1,179 events and opportunities across the UK, contributing over 3,500 hours for The Trust
- 1,367 mentors have supported 7611 young people on the Mosaic programme
- 315 young people were supported through Talent Match volunteers
- 110 Police Officers supported our young people as Team Leaders and Assistant Team Leaders on the Team programme
- 54 ex-military personnel supported our programmes as Team Leaders and Assistant Team Leaders through the Help for Heroes partnership
- 44 Fire and Rescue Services partner with us across the UK, with over 500 individuals giving time to support our work
- Across all our programmes (including Team, Get Started, Achieve, and Fairbridge) our Fire and Rescue Service partners directly supported 1,876 young people last year. This includes delivering 150, 12-week Team programmes to 1,720 young people across the UK
- Through the Team community projects, the Fire and Rescue Service Team partners volunteered 75,000 hours.
Want to say thank you to our volunteers? Join the celebration on social media by posting a photo with your message along with tagging @PrincesTrust and using the #VolunteersWeek and #YouMakeTheDifference hashtags.
Additionally if you’re feeling inspired and want to play a part in the work that we do, check out the volunteering opportunities that we have on offer.