Working for us
We are an optimistic and ambitious organisation. We plan to help one million more young people to transform their lives over the next 10 years and we will do this by helping them to develop the confidence and skills to live, to learn and to earn, giving them an increasing stake in our economy and society.
Three in four young people supported by The Prince’s Trust move into work, education or training. We have helped 870,000 young people since 1976 and support over 100 more each day.
Our success depends on the work and support of our staff and our volunteers. People are the most important thing we have – they are the ones who make a difference!
Of all our strengths, it's our people which set us apart. Our people have a wonderful range of personal and professional backgrounds and motivations. The level of passion and pride felt towards our aim is overwhelming and provides an outstanding level of motivation on which to build.
We are united by a shared vision that every young person should have the chance to succeed.
Our values and behaviours
Each role within The Trust requires different skills and expertise. Our values articulate who we are and define our beliefs and are at the heart of everything we do, which is why they are at the centre of our behavioural framework which identifies how we work together to achieve our aims to help young people.
Our behavioural framework captures the key behaviours and attitudes which help our people to be their best at The Prince’s Trust and is used to define and measure behaviour. There are five competencies within our framework which are relevant to everyone at The Trust.
The behavioural descriptors underneath each competency are what make the competencies tangible; providing us with a common understanding of how to demonstrate the competencies.
Please see our interactive behavioural framework document for further information. You may find this useful when completing an application for a role within The Trust or when preparing for an interview.
- APPROACHABLE – WE ARE OPEN MINDED AND VALUE DIVERSITY
- NON-JUDGEMENTAL – WE FOCUS ON THE POTENTIAL NOT THE PAST
- INSPIRING – WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- EMPOWERING – WE ENABLE POSITIVE CHANGE
- PASSIONATE – WE ARE ABSOLUTELY COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING YOUNG PEOPLE
Why work for us?
The Prince’s Trust is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity. We believe in building a diverse organisation that is representative of and responsive to the needs of our young people and stakeholders and will take positive action, where appropriate, to enable us to meet this aim. We value and respect people’s different backgrounds, characteristics, ideas and beliefs.
We invest in training and development and recognise the importance of supporting and enabling our people to reach their maximum potential.
We are proud to hold the Investors in People Silver Standard as evidence of our commitment to our people.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement rising by 1 day per year to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Generous life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Group personal pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Competitive starting salary and progression opportunities
- Flexible, family-friendly policies (maternity, adoption, paternity, shared parental leave)
- A wide range of flexible lifestyle benefits e.g. discounts on cinema tickets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long-service recognition scheme
- Opportunities to volunteer for, and/or attend events e.g. music festivals, Prince's Trust Awards, active events etc
- Discounts at some local amenities and shops e.g. local gym, coffee shops
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year
- A continuous professional development framework to support you to realise your career aspirations