Working for us
We are an optimistic and ambitious organisation. Through our positive approach, we inspire and motivate the most marginalised and disengaged young people in the UK to change their lives and to get into jobs, education, training or volunteering.
Our programmes give young people the practical and financial support they need to stabilise their lives. We help develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training.
Three in four young people supported by The Prince’s Trust move into work, education or training. We have helped 825,000 young people since 1976 and support over 100 more each day.
Our success depends on the work and support of our staff and our volunteers. People are the most important thing we have – they are the ones who make a difference!
Of all our strengths, it's our people which set us apart. Our people have a wonderful range of personal and professional backgrounds and motivations. The level of passion and pride felt towards our aim is overwhelming and provides an outstanding level of motivation on which to build.
We are united by a shared vision that every young person should have the chance to succeed.
Each role within The Trust requires different skills and expertise. Our values define our beliefs and behaviours and are fundamental to how we work every day with clients, colleagues, volunteers, supporters and partners. They describe the sort of people we are, how we conduct ourselves and the experience people can expect when they come into contact with The Trust.
- APPROACHABLE – WE ARE OPEN MINDED AND VALUE DIVERSITY
- NON-JUDGEMENTAL – WE FOCUS ON THE POTENTIAL NOT THE PAST
- INSPIRING – WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- EMPOWERING – WE ENABLE POSITIVE CHANGE
- PASSIONATE – WE ARE ABSOLUTELY COMMITTED TO SUPPORTING YOUNG PEOPLE
Why work for us?
The Prince’s Trust is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity. We believe in building a diverse organisation that is representative of and responsive to the needs of our young people and stakeholders and will take positive action, where appropriate, to enable us to meet this aim. We value and respect people’s different backgrounds, characteristics, ideas and beliefs.
We invest in training and development and recognise the importance of supporting and enabling our people to reach their maximum potential.
We are proud to hold the Investors in People Silver Standard as evidence of our commitment to our people.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement rising by 1 day per year to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Generous life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Group personal pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Competitive starting salary and progression opportunities
- Flexible, family-friendly policies (maternity, adoption, paternity, shared parental leave)
- A wide range of flexible lifestyle benefits e.g. discounts on cinema tickets
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long-service recognition scheme
- Opportunities to volunteer for, and/or attend events e.g. music festivals, Prince's Trust Awards, active events etc
- Discounts at some local amenities and shops e.g. local gym, coffee shops
- In-house and external training opportunities available throughout the year
- A continuous professional development framework to support you to realise your career aspirations
There has never been a more exciting time to join The Prince’s Trust. If you are looking for a career with purpose, which is both challenging and rewarding in equal measure, then join us and make a difference!