Talent Match supports long-term unemployed 18 to 24-year-olds into work, education or training.
What is Talent Match?
Talent Match is a project funded by the Big Lottery Fund, designed to support 18 to 24-year-olds who have been out of work or training for over 12 months.
Talent Match brings together a range of local organisations to help young people overcome the barriers they’re facing, and uses feedback from young people to help make decisions on delivery, marketing and events. We work with local and national employers, educations providers and other charities to provide this support.
- One-to-one support tailored to a young person’s needs
- Voluntary – mentors meet with a young person to match their interests and hobbies to a job or training course
- Increased confidence and motivation through a range of experiences
- Optional support to start up a business
- Develop skills for employment through free courses
- Ongoing support after getting a job - this could be for a few months or over a year
Who is eligible for support from Talent Match?
- Be aged between 18 and 24-years-old, at the time of the referral
- Have been unemployed/seeking work for 12 months or more
- Facing barriers to entering employment, education or training
We have helped hundreds of young people including those who have experienced confidence issues, addiction or homelessness; have a mental health diagnosis or disability; are a single parent; are rurally isolated; care for someone at home or are simply ‘stuck’ with few or no qualifications and/or work experience.
Get in touch
Are you a young person, an employer who is able to offer jobs, apprenticeships or work experience, or a referrer with a question? We want to hear from you.
|New Anglia (Norfolk and Suffolk)||email@example.com|
(Essex, East Sussex and Kent)
|Live in another area? Talent Match is delivered across England.||www.biglotteryfund.org.uk/talentmatch|
Volunteer for Talent Match
In some areas, it is possible to support Talent Match young people by becoming a volunteer mentor. Your expertise can make a real difference.
Be inspired by our Talent Match case studies
Are you a young person interested in Talent Match?
Like your local Facebook page to get all the updates, including job, apprenticeship and training opportunities.
Talent Match Funding
The Big Lottery Fund has invested £108 million into Talent Match, a five-year project designed to support young people furthest from the jobs market.
Apply for funding
Talent Match South East is inviting organisations to apply for funding to deliver Specialist Mentoring Services in East Sussex from 2 August 2017 to 31 December 2018. Talent Match is in year 4 of a 5-year project which will engage, inspire and support young people (aged 18-24) from the most deprived areas in Essex, East Sussex and Kent. The Prince's Trust are Lead Partner. It is funded by the Big Lottery Fund.
Email the project manager for further information.