Talent Match supports long-term unemployed 18 to 24-year-olds into work, education or training.
What is Talent Match?
Talent Match is a project funded by the Big Lottery, designed to support 18 to 24-year-olds who have been out of work or training for over 12 months.
Talent Match brings together a range of local organisations to help young people overcome the barriers they’re facing, and uses feedback from young people to help make decisions on delivery, marketing and events. We work with local and national employers, educations providers and other charities to provide this support.
How does Talent Match work?
Talent Match offers a one-to-one approach. Mentors meet with the young person to find out more about their hobbies, interests and talent. Talent Match aims to match these interests and skills to a job or training course.
Ongoing support is offered to each young person. This could be for a few months or over a year - we're here to support the young person until they feel confident to take their next step.
Benefits for a young person
- One-to-one support tailored to a young person’s needs
- Voluntary – focused on a young person’s interests and hobbies
- Increased confidence and motivation through a range of experiences
- Optional support to start up a business
- Develop skills for employment through free courses
- Ongoing support after getting a job
Who is eligible for support from Talent Match?
We have helped hundreds of young people including those who:
- Have experienced confidence issues, addiction or homelessness
- Have a mental health diagnosis or disability
- Are a single parent
- Are rurally isolated
- Care for someone at home
- Are simply ‘stuck’ with few or no qualifications and/or work experience
To be eligible for Talent Match, a young person must:
- Be aged between 18 and 24-years-old, at the time of the referral
- Have been unemployed/seeking work for 12 months or more
- Facing barriers to entering employment, education or training
Where are our projects and how to get in touch?
If you are interested in being involved as a young person, are an employer willing to offer jobs, apprenticeships or work experience, or are a referrer with a question, please get in touch:
Alternatively, text “call me” to 07436 581313
New Anglia – including Norfolk and Suffolk
South East – including Essex, East Sussex and Kent
Alternatively, text “call me” to 07983 385418
Live in another area?
Talent Match is delivered across England. Find a local opportunity near you.
Volunteer for Talent Match
In some areas, it is possible to support Talent Match young people by becoming a volunteer mentor. Your expertise can make a real difference.
Be inspired by our Talent Match case studies
Are you a young person interested in Talent Match?
Like your local Facebook page to get all the updates, including job, apprenticeship and training opportunities.
Talent Match Funding
The Big Lottery Fund's £108 million project started in 2014 and will run for five years to help those young people who need it the most. The Prince’s Trust was awarded £14.5 million in 2014 to manage five of the projects.