We want to assure you that our team of youth workers and volunteers are still on hand through this challenging time. Our live chat, phone lines and text service are open from 9am-9pm every day and our Coronavirus Support Hub is also available for advice and guidance. So, don’t feel alone.
We're continously speaking to young people to find out what's important to them at this difficult, challenging and unusual time. From confusion around social distancing and worrying about friends and family with health issues, to nervousness around using public transport and feeling hopeless about the future, there's a lot on everyone's mind.
We also know you're concerned about your wellbeing when you need to self-isolate, but want to find small ways to make a difference to others at a time when we all need to work together.
We'll always be here for young people
We've heard you and are committed in continuing to support you over these challenging months. Whether you're out of school, unemployed, self-employed or generally needing a confidence boost, here's a few of the ways we'll be here for you:
- Wellbeing: Our army of youth workers and volunteers will provide one-to-one support for you over the phone and online, helping those who are struggling to cope with isolation and social distancing
- Education: We will work with teachers to support those of you who may not currently be in school
- Employment: We will deliver structured programmes to help you if you don't have a job, to build your confidence and reskill; and we will work with our partners to train young people to start critical jobs in health care and the supply chain
- Enterprise: We will provide mentors and support to those of you who are self-employed and worried about your future
- Community: Many young people are already responding to the current situation by volunteering in their local areas. We will grow our youth volunteering network to enable more young people to help their communities, responsibly and safely
For tools and resources to build your skills and confidence, and recommended free short courses that can be done at a time and place that suits you, visit our Coronavirus Support Hub.
Stay tuned to our social media channels and keep coming back to our website for more information. Alternatively, speak to a member of our team by calling free on 0800 842 842.
Updated on 8th October 2020.